Souleymane Coulibaly claims he will be killed in Egypt

Souleymane Coulibaly claims he will be killed in Egypt
Souleymane Coulibaly

by Phumzile Ngcatshe

Thursday Jun 08, 2017. 16:00

Cote d'Ivoire and former Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly has denied rumours that he has found a new club in England.

The striker parted ways with Egyptian giants after travelling to England without the club's consent last week, before issuing a controversial statement alleging that he departed the Red Castle following ill treatment.

In an interview with Football365.FR, the 22-year-old opened up about his reasons that led to his departure after only five months with the club.

Although he used to celebrate his goals at Ahly with a series of acrobatic flips, Coulibaly revealed he was asked to “bow down and pray” every time he scored.

NIGERIA NAME OGENYI ONAZI AS CAPTAIN IN MIKEL’S ABSENCE

“I am a practising Muslim. I do not need to show the world that I am a Muslim. This obligation to prostrate did not satisfy me,” Coulibaly said.

“The way of life and the style of play on the field did not suit me either. Some teammates like Abdallah (El-Said) and Hossam Ghaly did not pass the ball to me intentionally.

“The club had forbidden me fearing that I would unveil certain things…I have never been given the opportunity to get an interview with the club’s chairman so that I can share my problems with him.

Furthermore, the forward reportedly claimed the club withheld his passport, which was one of the things that bothered him, saying that once he got his passport - he left the country for England.

“My wife is Christian, she had a hard time practising her religion in Egypt. She is currently pregnant and she hated this atmosphere,” adds Coulibaly.



COMMENTS
Sign in with:  
Sign in to comment