Wednesday Sep 20, 2017. 16:00
Jean-Michael Seri has dismissed any notion that he will leave Nice for Barcelona in the January transfer window.
The Elephants player came close to joining the Spanish giants at the end of the European summer transfer window, but Barca scuppered the deal at the last minute to focus on their attempt to land Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool.
Seri was left hurt and confused by the saga, but quickly shrugged it off and set his mind on performing for Nice.
There has since been rumours that Barca will revive their interest in the Ivorian when the transfer window opens in January.
However, Seri has dismissed any chance of a move to the Nou Camp, claiming he will not leave Nice midway through the season.
"I won't leave Nice before June regardless of any club asking for me this winter," Seri said.
“It will take more than that to change my mind.
“A top footballer can't afford to continue thinking about that sort of thing.
“It is now over and you need to look to the future and to making history with this club."
Speaking about Seri’s failed move earlier this month, Nice president Jean-Pierre Reiviere put the blame on Barca.
"Julien Fournier [Nice managing director] called me early and said, 'Jean-Pierre, I don't understand. I just got a call from Barcelona, they told me they're stopping with Micka [Seri],'" he said.
"In the afternoon, I got hold of Josep Bartomeu [Barca president] a little embarrassed, who told me, 'Jean-Pierre, it's the first time that this has happened to us but our technical staff have decided not to do Micka Seri’.
“It's absolutely not a problem of money."