Sunday Apr 05, 2015. 21:57
- Ighodaro Christian Osaguona scores his second of the night as Raja Casablanca beat Chiefs 2-0 in the second leg and 3-0 on aggregate to progress into the next round of the CAF Champions League.
- Ighodaro Christian Osaguona has given Raja a 1-0 lead over Chiefs which takes the aggregate score to 2-1.
- Kaloum of Guinea have progressed into the next round of the CAF Champions League after beating Zesco United of Zambia in a penalty shoot-out after their two leg affair ended 2-2.
- Chiefs are dominating the game against Raja, but can't find a goal that will see them back into the tie. Raja still lead 1-0 on aggregate from the first leg.
- The second half between Raja and Chiefs is underway while Kaloum and Zesco have gone to penalties to decide who progresses in the CAF Champions League.
- Sfaxien of Tunisia progress into the next round of the CAF Champions League 6-0 on aggregate over Semassi of Togo after winning the second leg 1-0.
- It is 0-0 at half time in the second leg CAF Champions League match between Raja of Morocco and Chiefs of South Africa. Raja lead 1-0 on aggregate.
- Kaloum of Guinea equalise from the penalty spot against Zesco of Zambia to make it 1-1 in the second leg of their Champions League match. It is 2-2 on aggregate as this game looks to be heading to penalties.
- It is still 0-0 between Raja and Chiefs in their second leg Champions League match. Raja still lead 1-0 on aggregate.
- Sfaxien of Tunisia and Zesco of Zambia still lead 1-0 in both their respective Champions League games.
- The CAF Champions League second leg match between Raja Casablanca of Morocco and Kaizer Chiefs of South Africa. Raja lead 1-0 from the first leg.
- Esperance of Tunisia have progressed into the next round of the CAF Champions League 4-1 on aggregate over Cosmos of Cameroon after winning the second leg 3-1 in Sunday.
- Sfaxien of Tunisia lead 1-0 at half time over Semassi of Togo in their second leg CAF Champions League match. Sfaxien lead 6-0 on aggregate.
- Zulu has given Zesco of Zambia a 1-0 lead over Kaloum of Guinea in their second leg CAF Champions League match. It is 1-0 at the break, Zesco lead 2-1 on aggregate.
Esperance of Tunisia have gone 3-1 up in their second leg Champions League match against Cosmos of Cameroon. Esperance now lead 4-1 on aggregate.
- Marius has given Sfaxien of Tunisia an early 1-0 lead in their second leg CAF Champions League match against Semassi of Togo on Sunday. Sfaxien lead 6-0 on aggregate after winning the first leg 5-0.
- Al Hilal of Sudan progressed into the next round of the CAF Champions League 4-1 on aggregate over Big Bullets of Malawi following their 1-1 second leg result on Sunday.
- Eulma of Algeria progress into the next round of the CAF Champions League after beating Asante Kotoko of Ghana 2-1 in the second leg after the first leg ended goalless.
- Enyimba look to have been sent packing from the Champions League after Smouha double their advantage on the stroke of full time. It's now Smouha 2, Enyimba 0 and on aggregate the Egyptians lead 2-1. A rather crushing way to bow out of the competition...
- Smouha's penalty was actually scored in the 81st minute about the same time Sokari was sent off
- Smouha's goal was scored two minutes from full time. What timing!!
- Smouha have finally drawn level with Enyimba after they convert a penalty. Aggregate scores now Smouha 1 Enyimba 1
- Esperance are now in the driving seat against Cosmos from Cameroon as Ndjeng has converted a second penalty and it is now 2-1 in favour of the home team.
- Enyimba are now playing a man down after midfielder Kingsley Sokari was sent off for a second booking in the 70th minute and the game is still far from being won and lost in Egypt...
- Esperance of Tunisia have restored parity after Comos de Bafia of Cameroon take a 27th minute lead in the return leg of their Champions League match. Cameroon striker Yannick Ndjeng converted a penalty in the 33rd minute. Esperance won the first game in Cameroon 1-0.
- Cotonsport of Cameroon have also been eliminated from the Champions League after they lose 2-0 at little known Sanga Balende of DRC. First leg had ended 0-0.
- Not looking good for Ghanaian hopes as El Eulma of Algeria have equalised and it is now 1-1 with Asante Kotoko. The Algerians have the advantage as they have scored after an hour in Ghana after the first leg finished goalless.
- AC Leopards of Congo have booked their place in the second round of the Champions League after they win 1-0 to go through 2-0 on aggregate against Go Mahia of Kenya.
- Enyimba are hanging in there - five minutes left on the clock and it is still 0-0 in Egypt with Smouha in this Champions League match-up.
- It is still 0-0 in Egypt between Smouha and visiting Nigerian club Enyimba.
- Asante Kotoko are now leading Eulma of Algeria 1-0 in a Champions League clash. The home take the lead after 42 minutes courtesy of Obed Owusu. First leg in Algeria finished 0-0.
- Fifty three minutes played in Alexandria, Egypt, and it remains 0-0 between home team Smouha and Enyimba of Nigeria in the Champions League.
- Sammy Ameobi, whose parents are Nigerians, has started for Newcastle in the EPL and scores with Sunderland still 0-0 with more than half an hour played so far. Algeria's Mehdi Abeid is on the bench for Newcastle
- It's now halftime in Egypt and it is Smouha 0, Enyimba 0 in the Champions League.
- South Africa's Sundowns have again been dumped from the Champions League after they lost 3-1 to TP Mazembe in Lubumbashi. Mazembe march on 3-2 on aggregate.
- In the Champions League, AC Leopards have taken the lead against Gor Mahia on the stroke of half time
- Zamalek of Egypt are safely through to the second round of the Confed Cup after they trounce home team Rayon Sports 3-0 in Kigali to qualify 6-1 on aggregate.
- A minute to play and Sundowns have pulled a goal back at Mazembe, but it is too little, too late. It's now TP Mazembe 3 Sundowns 1
- TP Mazembe still lead Sundowns 3-0 at home with less than five minutes to the end of the match. It is safe to say Sundowns Champions League campaign has again ended prematurely
- Also, the Champions League clash between Smouha and Enyimba is being played behind closed doors in Egypt and so far it is still 0-0. Enyimba won the first leg 1-0 in Aba
- Some cheering news for Nigerian fans as Warri Wolves are through to the second round of the Confederation Cup after they hold hosts Dedebit of Ethiopia to a goalless draw to go through 2-0 on aggregate.
- Zamalek of Egypt are cruising to an easy road win as they now lead 3-0 at Rayon Sports in Rwanda in the Confed Cup. Ali Gabr (53rd minute) and Ibrahim Salah (56th minute) have added to Ahmed Eid's opening goal and there does not seem to be a way back for the Rwandese club now
- It has now ended in Maputo and even though the home team Ferrovairo won 1-0 it is not enough to take them to the next round of the Confederation Cup as AS Vita won the first game 3-0 and go through to the second round on a 3-1 aggregate.
- Nigeria's Michael Olaitan and Bartholomew Ogbeche are starting for their respective European clubs. Olaitan started for Greek club Ergotelis and assisted in the opening strike after 22 minutes against Panathrakikos, who parade Senegal's Pape Daouda M'Bow. Ogbeche has started for Dutch side Cambuur.
- Sundowns are taking a hammering at TP Mazembe, who now lead 3-0 in this Champions League encounter. And in Alexandria, Egypt's Smouha are still playing 0-0 with Nigeria's Enyimba, also in the Champions League.
- Zambian striker Jacob has given home team Ferrovairo the lead against AS Vita after 77 minutes in a Confed Cup clash
- It has ended in Malawi with Al Hilal from Sudan through to the second round of the Champions League 5-1 on aggregate against home team Big Bullets after the return leg match finished 1-1
- TP Mazembe are two goals up against Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa in the Champions League. Zambia star Rainford Kalaba gave the DRC giants the lead after 38 minutes before Tanzania striker Samatta doubled their advantage with an assist by Ghana's Asante. The first leg was won 1-0 by Sundowns.
- Breaking news is that the draw for this year's African Beach Soccer Championship in Seychelles has been concluded - hosts Seychelles are in Group A along with Nigeria, Egypt and Cote d'Ivoire, while Group B has defending champions Senegal, Morocco, Madagascar and Ghana.
- Zamalek of Egypt have also scored in Rwanda through Ahmed Eid in the 32nd minute against home team Rayon Sport.
- Big Bullets of Malawi and Al Hilal from Sudan are now playing out a 1-1 draw in the Champions League.
- Nigerian striker Samuel Saanumi has been introduced by Dedebit of Ethiopia against Warri Wolves with scores of this Confed Cup match-up still goalless.
- In the Confederation Cup, Etoile du Sahel of Tunisia are leading at Benfica of Luanda in Angola. The Tunisians also won the first game 1-0.
- It is the second half in the Swedish league game between Atvidaberg and IFK Goteborg. It is goalless so far and Nigeria's John Owoeri is the only African on parade.
- In the CAF Champions League, it is still 0-0 in the second half between hosts Big Bullets of Malawi and Al Hilal of Sudan. Al Hilal won the first game 4-0.
- Nigeria international Leon Balogun seems he cannot stop scoring in the German second division as he scored again for Dramstadt 98 to beat Bochum 2-0. The tall defender hit target after 77 minutes.
- There are also no goals in the Confed Cup clash between Ferrovairo and AS Vita in Maputo. The first leg was won by AS Vita 3-0
- Despite huge cash problems Kenya's Gor Mahia have made their way to Dolisie to face AC Leopards in the Champions League. The first leg was 1-0 in favour of the Congolese club.
- So far, Warri Wolves of Nigeria are holding Dedebit of Ethiopia to a goalless draw in the first half of their return leg match in the Confederation Cup. The Nigerians won the first clash 2-0.
- Nigerian defender Maroof Yussuf is on the starting XI for Egypt's Zamalek in a Confederation Cup return leg match against Rayon Sports in Kigali, Rwanda. The Egyptians won the first leg 3-1.
- In the Confederation Cup, AS Vita from DRC will be without star midfielder Heritier Luvumbu Nzinga for the trip to Ferrovairo da Beira in Maputo, Mozambique, as he is away on trials in Belgium.
- There is already a lot of African displays today to report. Nigeria striker Izu Azuka is on target for his club in Kazakhstan in a 2-2 draw. He struck in the 75th minute, while Senegalese midfielder Alfred N'Daiye also gets on the scoreboard for Real Betis in a 3-0 spanking of Osasuna in the Spanish lower league.
Welcome once again to the AfricanFootball.com live updates on African performances across the world today.
There are crucial CAF Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup second leg matches today, while Africa’s top stars will equally be showcasing their talents across some of the top leagues in Europe and beyond.
From yesterday, Nigerian champions Kano Pillars and big-spending Kabuscorp of Angola exited the Champions League, while record winners Al Ahly, Orlando Pirates from South Africa as well as Algeria’s ES Setif and USM Alger sailed to the second round.
The likes of Enyimba (Nigeria), Esperance (Tunisia), Asante Kotoko (Ghana) and TP Mazembe (DR Congo) will know their fate later today.
There are also crucial return leg matches in the second-tier Confederation Cup.