CS Sfaxien international full-back Ali Maaloul
Saturday Jul 11, 2015. 02:00
Welcome to AfricanFootball’s live coverage of the CAF Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup matches for Friday 10 July.
It’s the second round of matches in the group stage for both competitions, and we have the following matches taking place today (times CAT):
Group B – USM Alger 1-0 Al Merrikh
, Omar Hammadi Stadium, Algiers, 23h30
Group B – CS Sfaxien 1-1 AC Leopards
, Taieb Mhiri Stadium, Sfax, 23h00
Press Ctrl+F5 to refresh
- Thanks for your company and see you again on Saturday for more continental action on Africanfootball.com.
- Game over at Stade Omar Hamadi where USM Alger enjoyed a crucial 1-0 home win over Al Merreikh to take the lead in their Group B of the CAF Champions League.
- The visitors find the equaliser from a corner kick, but Al Merreikh's goal is ruled out as the cross went out of play before curling back into the box.
- Al Merreikh come close, but the locals are still in the driver's seat.
- Attacking midfielder Mokhtar Benmoussa
comes in for Karim Baiteche
- Defender Farouk Chafai
comes in for striker Mohamed Seguer
for USM Alger who don't want to take any chance 20 minutes from time.
- It is over at Stade Taieb Mhiri where CS Sfaxien have been hold to a 1-1 draw by AC Leopards.
- Five minutes have been added in Sfax where the score is still 1-1 between CS Sfaxien and AC Leopards.
- USMA striker Andria
comes close to double the scoring but his header goes wide.
- Youcef Belaili
breaks the deadlock for the Algerians against the Sudanese giants. The former Esperance striker put the locals on the lead. USM Alger 1-0 Al Merreikh.
- The second half is underway at Stade Omar Hamadi between USMA and Al Merreikh.
- Zied Ziadi
comes in for Hamza Hadda
for CS Sfaxien.
- What a chance for Cesaire Gandze
! The Congo international misses his one on one with Sfaxien keeper Rami Jeridi
- Ghazi Chellouf
comes in for Majdi Mosrati
for CS Sfaxien.
- Slim Mezlini
off target after a good cross from Maaloul
- It is half time in Algiers where the game is still goalless between USMA and Al Merreikh.
- International full-back Ali Maaloul
levels matters for the Tunisians from the spot. CS Sfaxien 1-1 AC Leopards.
for CS Sfaxien following a foul on Borhene Hakimi
inside the box.
- We are underway in Sfax where AC Leopards are on the lead.
- USM Alger midfielder Hamza Koudri
is booked by the Malian referee and will miss the 'Red and Black' next continental outing.
- Still goalless at Stade Omar Hamadi in the CAF Champions League. USM Alger are enjoying most of the possession so far with two good chances from midfielder Karim Baiteche
and striker Youcef Belaili
in the first 15 minutes.
- It is half-time at Stade Taieb Mhiri, where the visitors are enjoying a one -goal lead.
- AC Leopards break the deadlock in Sfax with midfielder Cesaire Gandze
forcing an own goal from Zied Derbali
. CS Sfaxien 0-1 AC Leopards.
- CS Sfaxien forward Slim Mezlini
misses back-to-back chances, with the game still locked at Stade Taieb Mhiri.
- The game has kicked off at Stade Omar Hamadi where USM Alger host Al Merreikh in a Group B clash of the CAF Champions League.
USM Alger starting XI
- Zemmamouche - Meftah - Boudebouda - Khoualed - Mazari - El Orfi - Baïteche - Koudri - Andria - Belaïli - Seguer.
- The visitors show their teeth with a powerful strike after 15 minutes of play, before getting a goal disallowed for an offside position four minutes later.
- Both sides have already tasted glory in the competition, with the Tunisians claiming the crown in 2007, 2008 and 2013 while the Congolese went all the way in Africa's second-tier club tournament in 2012.
- We are underway in Sfax between CS Sfaxien and AC Leopards.
CS Sfaxien starting XI
- J.Rami - H.Maher - M.Ali (C) - D.Zied - M.Yassine - H.Hamza - L.Houssem - M.Majdi - M.Dali - H.Borhen - M.Slim.
- We are 30 minutes away from kick-off at Stade Taieb Mhiri where CS Sfaxien host AC Leopards in the Confederation Cup.
The two sides are seeking redemption after falling in their campaign Group B opener a fortnight ago, with the Tunisians suffering a 1-0 defeat to Zamalek in Cairo and the Congolese getting caught off-guard by Orlando Pirates with the same margin on their home ground in Dolisie.