Harries Bulunga, coach of Swaziland
Thursday Jul 07, 2016. 09:21
Information coming through from Swaziland is that Isihlangu Semnikati are set to receive their bonuses from the government.
The Times of Swaziland website reports that the minister of Sports, Culture and Youth Affairs, David Ngcaphalala has confirmed the team's first quarter grant has been released.
The information comes after Harries Bulunga's side travelled to the 2016 COSAFA Castle Cup in Namibia without getting the promised money.
According to the report, each Sihlangu player is expected to receive E10 000 after bagging five victories against Guinea, Seychelles, Madagascar, Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
SWAZILAND PLAYERS YET TO RECEIVE BONUSES FOR GUINEA WIN
However, the National Football Association's CEO Frederick Mngomezulu said he would be breaking working ethics by divulging whether the Sihlangu grant had been released or not.
“What we know is that government allocated a certain amount and how it is transferred is within our jurisdiction and in discussing that, we will be breaking working ethics,” he said.
Moreover, Ngcamphalala added that the government had released Sihlangu’s grant though he was not sure of the exact figure.