Thursday Sep 07, 2017. 13:00
Liverpool’s Senegalese forward Sadio Mane is ranked as one of the quickest sprinters in England’s Premier League this season.
The Teranga Lions man has caught the eye with his goal-scoring antics for the Reds, and he also has the reputation of being a speed merchant.
New stats released by Opta reveal that Mane has clocked the fourth-highest sprint speed in the EPL so far this season, topping out at an impressive 34.84 km/h.
The list of the 10 fastest players is topped by Manchester City right-back Kyle Walker, with a sprint of 35.16 km/h.
Mane is the only African in the top 10 - it is a surprise that his Liverpool teammate Mohamed Salah is not listed, though the Egyptian is still settling into life at Anfield.
The top 10 fastest Premier League players, 2017/18:
1. Kyle Walker (Man City), 35.16 km/h
2. Kiko Femenia (Watford), 35.12 km/h
3. Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), 35.11 km/h
4. Sadio Mane (Liverpool), 34.84 km/h
5. Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth), 34.79 km/h
6. Josh King (Bournemouth), 34.7 km/h
7. Paul Pogba (Man United), 34.68 km/h
8. Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), 34.62 km/h
9. N’Golo Kante (Chelsea), 34.56 km/h
10. Romelu Lukaku (Man United), 34.56 km/h