Friday Oct 13, 2017. 15:00
Mohamed Salah has urged his Liverpool teammates to keep moving forward following the unfortunate injury blow to star attacker Sadio Mané.
Mané has been ruled out of action for up to six weeks with a hamstring injury, picked up while on national duty with Senegal earlier this month.
The crippling news comes at a bad time for the Reds, who welcome fierce rivals Manchester United to Anfield this weekend. Furthermore, the Merseyside club play several key matches over the next month - all of which they will have to do without one of their best players.
The Senegal international's absence has cost Liverpool dearly in the past, since his arrival in 2016, with the club a better team when he is on the pitch.
DORTMUND WERE PREPARED TO SELL ME - AUBAMEYANG
Mané scored 13 goals for the club last season despite missing January because of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations and the final few weeks of the campaign due to a knee injury.
Club teammate Salah, who helped Egypt secure World Cup qualification with a brace against Congo, has come out in support of the former Southampton winger, but insists that Liverpool need to keep moving forward.
"I texted him when he was at the national (team) and then when he came back. He told me then he was injured, so that's bad news for everyone,"Salah told liverpoolfc.com.
"But that's football and anything can happen. Now we have to focus on the game and keep moving forward," he concluded.