Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah (R) celebrates with teammate Sadio Mane
Tuesday Dec 19, 2017. 11:30
The Confederation of African Football has unveiled three players who will battle it out for the 2017 CAF African Footballer of the Year award.
Egypt and Liverpool winger Mohamed Salah, Liverpool and Senegal's Sadio Mane and Borussia Dortmund's Gabonese attacker Pierre Emerick Aubameyang will be contesting for the accolade.
The players were announced in a ceremony in Ghana on Monday which was attended by CAF President Ahmad, CAF First Vice President Kwesi Nyantakyi, CAF Executive Committee member Amaju Pinnick, with Ghana’s Minister of Youth and Sports, Isaac Asiamah, the Guest of Honour.
BIRTHDAY GONE WRONG FOR WILFRED NDIDI
In a statement, the continental football governing body announced that the shortlists for the top gong, African Player of the Year, were unveiled by Ex-Ghana defender Sammy Kuffour.
The Awards Gala will take place on Thursday, January 4 2018, in Accra, Ghana.
African Player of the Year
· Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
· Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Dortmund)
· Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
Women’s Player of the Year
· Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dalian Quanjian)
· Chrestina Kgatlana (South Africa & UWC Ladies)
· Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene(Cameroon & CSKA Moscow)
Youth Player of the Year
· Krepin Diatta (Senegal & Sarpsborg)
· Patson Daka (Zambia & Liefering)
· Salam Giddou (Mali & Guidars)
Coach of the Year
· Gernot Rohr (Nigeria)
· Hector Cuper (Egypt)
· L'Hussein Amoutta (Wydad Athletic Club)
Club of the Year
· Al Ahly
· TP Mazembe
· Wydad Athletic Club
National Team of the Year
Women’s National Team of the Year
· Ghana U-20
· Nigeria U-20
· South Africa