Hearts of Oak celebrating win during the 1st July 2015 Republic day celebration Presidential Cup which is played between Accra Hearts of Oak v Kumasi Asante Kotoko ©Christian Thompson/BackpagePix
Wednesday Feb 07, 2018. 11:00
Hearts of Oak have expressed their disappointment at the postponement of the start of the 2018 Ghana Premier League season.
The new campaign was set to begin this weekend, but has been put on hold until further notice after relegated side Great Olympics served the Ghana FA a court injunction letter on Monday in protest of Bechem United fielding an ineligible player against them last term.
Hearts communication director Kwame Addo says his side had been working hard in anticipation of the new season kick-off.
“I am disappointed, we are very much disappointed because the level at which the teams have prepared… or let me use Hearts as example, where the level we prepared to, we were eagerly expecting the league to start on Sunday, but to be told it’s not coming on at the last minute is sad,” Addo explained, as quoted by Ghanasoccernet.
“This means the work of the coaches will have to be stalled, they will have to reverse their work and continue with another form of strategy.
“Nobody knows when it will be back and that is negative for us. This shows there is something wrong with the legal system.”