Moussa Sow: I don’t regret international retirement

Moussa Sow: I don’t regret international retirement
Senegal striker Moussa Sow

by Graeme Jackson

Tuesday Aug 07, 2018. 09:00

Senegalese striker Moussa Sow says he has no regrets over his decision to retire from international football.

The 32-year-old Bursaspor attacker announced his decision to end his Teranga Lions career last week.

Sow was part of Senegal’s squad at the 2018 World Cup, but did not make any appearances in the tournament at Russia.

“In my head, it was clear. Besides, there were some players who already knew about it,” Sow is quoted by WiwSport.

“They knew I was going to stop right after the World Cup. Today it is confirmed and it's good for me and for the national team.

“I have done my time and I do not regret. As I have always said, I remain at the disposal of the national team and young people, I know that I will always be able to bring something off the field.”

Sow debuted for Senegal’s senior team in 2009 and accumulated over 40 caps in a nine-year career. He was part of their squads at the 2012, 2015 and 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.

His last appearance came in early June in a World Cup warm-up clash against Croatia in Osijek.



COMMENTS
Sign in with:  
Sign in to comment