Saturday Dec 14, 2019. 15:00
Pyramids FC have moved to quell speculation over the future of head coach Sebastien Desabre in the wake of their 2-0 Egyptian Premier League loss to Zamalek this week.
Pyramids had been unbeaten in all competitions this season priot to the game, but such is the cut-throat nature of Egyptian football that there was plenty of media speculation that Desabre would be axed after the single defeat.
But Pyramids director of football Hany Said moved quickly to dismiss these, saying the coach has his “full support”
“Desabre will remain with Pyramids and he’s currently getting prepared for the team’s upcoming games,” said Said.
“All rumours suggesting his departure are completely false. Desabre will stay in his role and will continue to reach Pyramids’ goals in the league, cup and Confederation Cup.
“He has my full support as well as the board’s, in order to achieve his goals in the upcoming period. In case there are any major decisions, the club will announce them in the appropriate time.”
Pyramids are next in action on Tuesday against struggling El-Gouna.