Saturday Jun 06, 2020. 09:00
Nigeria international Victor Osimhen responded to reports indicating that Lille OSC have agreed to sell him.
Recent reports have indicated that the former French champions have agreed to sell the 21-year-old player to Italian club, SSC Napoli.
It was also said that Osimhen has agreed a five-year deal with the former Serie A champions ahead of the next transfer window.
The prolific striker’s goalscoring ability has seen him being linked with top European clubs having joined Lille from Belgium’s Sporting Charleroi last year.
Osimhen described the reported agreement between him and Napoli as “fake news.”
“A lot of fake news about me agreeing a deal with Napoli is sickening for real,” Osimhen told Omasports.
“I’m surprised at the journalists, that say they are professionals. I find it amazing. Please disregard any fake news, when it’s time for my transfer, you’ll hear from me directly.”
Osimhen netted 16 goals in 33 competitive games for Lille during the 2019/20 season, but the Ligue 1 campaign having been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
He has also been linked with English clubs Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool FC and Spanish giants Real Madrid.