Schalke recall Harit, but Bentaleb remains suspended

Schalke recall Harit, but Bentaleb remains suspended
Schalke's Amine Harit

by Staff Reporter

Thursday Dec 10, 2020. 13:00

Morocco international Amine Harit has returned to training with his Schalke 04 teammates.


However, Algeria international Nabil Bentaleb continues to train alone as he remains suspended by the German club.


Midfielders Bentaleb and Harit were suspended ‘until further notice’ by Schalke’s head of sport and communication, Jochen Schneider last month.


Schneider explained that Harit needed to reflect on his actions which consequently led him to train alone for two weeks, but he has now resumed training with the team.


“We’ve said from the start that Amine’s period of reflection would end if he made the right decisions about his behaviour,” Schneider told the club’s official website.


“Through talks with Amine, he has convinced us that he can once again be a valuable part of the team.


“Together with head coach Manuel Baum and the rest of the coaching staff, he’ll do everything to rediscover his footballing potential.”


Schalke are enduring the longest winless in the German Bundesliga as they have failed to win their last 26 matches in the compettion and their last victory came in January 2020.


Harit, who joined Schalke from French side Nantes FC in 2017, is contracted to the Royal Blues until 2024.


The 23-year-old has played 11 international matches for Morocco.







COMMENTS
Sign in with:  
Sign in to comment
X
Important information regarding cookies
By using this website, you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.