Tuesday Sep 05, 2023. 11:00
With Liverpool rejecting Al Ittihad’s £150 million bid for Mohamed Salah, it’s been reported that the Saudi Pro League club will make another attempt at signing the Egyptian before Thursday.
While Salah’s immediate future has been a major talking point in the last couple of months, links to the Saudi Pro League have intensified.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp previously stated that Salah will not be leaving the club in the current window, however, Al Ittihad are hoping that a big money offer will convince the English giants otherwise.
That said, according to Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol, Al Ittihad will now submit another bid for the 31-year-old before the end of the Saudi Pro League transfer window closes on Thursday.
“Our information is that they want to make another offer for Mo Salah before the Saudi window closes on Thursday,” Solhekol said.
“Senior figures at Al Ittihad are saying they believe it’s worth having one more go to try and get him.
“But there are also very influential voices at the club who are advising them to draw a line under it for now, let’s respect Liverpool as they’ve made it clear he’s not for sale, and then try again next summer.